Hemp and marijuana varieties are of the same genus, Cannabis, and the same species, Cannabis Sativa. The Cannabis Sativa plant is bred for its high amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the cannabinoid most known for its psychoactive properties. Hemp, when used industrially can be used for fabrics and as a soil cleaner. When used medicinally, Hemp is often harvested for its CBD.
Articles in this section
- Our Ingredients
- Cannabis 101 - Terpenes
- Cannabis 101 - Cannabinoids
- The Human Endocannabinoid System
- Is Hemp and Cannabis the same thing?
- Why do most Papa & Barkley products contain both THC and CBD?
- What is the difference between Whole Plant and Distillate?
- What is the difference between a transdermal product and a topical product?